Alumni Society of MAAP, Inc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» D7000 with Battery grip and NissinDi866 flashgun
TO MY DISMAY EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 5:08 pm by mikeisla08

» Seeking advice from Experinced Seniors, Sir/Mam
TO MY DISMAY EmptyMon May 30, 2011 4:42 am by quebrar_09

» Chief mate container vessel
TO MY DISMAY EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:11 am by Jasmin C Labarda 2003

» Alumni Society Restructuring and Elections 2011
TO MY DISMAY EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:33 pm by Jasmin C Labarda 2003

» Initial Message as Interim President
TO MY DISMAY EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:31 pm by tolentino_05

» MAAP going 3-1
TO MY DISMAY EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:00 pm by Admin

» Stepping Down as Alumni President
TO MY DISMAY EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:45 pm by Admin

» 2011 MAAP Mind Strugglers!
TO MY DISMAY EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:37 am by Admin

» ALUMNI WEBSITE
TO MY DISMAY EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 10:53 am by Admin

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

TO MY DISMAY

+3
randyescano04
bernales_05
ACEmanok04_gonzales
7 posters

Go down

TO MY DISMAY Empty TO MY DISMAY

Post  ACEmanok04_gonzales Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:41 pm

TO ALL ALUMNI's something i like to share:

For those who do not know, We alumni's, cadets, parents & relatives always celebrate a xmas party here in General Santos City for the organization that we built inorder to strengthen the bond between people those who are involve within the MAAP Family.

Now during the celebration there were two things that really caught my attention
1.) The Bearing of the Cadets
2.) The Discipline & initiative of the seniors.

Imagine what i saw... fourth classmen wearing baggy pants, hiphop shirts, skateboarding shoes watever u call it, and some even wearing those hiphop caps... then some of the upperclassmen ( random for all classes ) were wearing body fit shirts like macho dancers.. Im not trying to criticize because those attires were not appealling but they werent fit for the occassion.. It was a formal event having people witnessing how we carry ourselves. Its like ganun na ba ngaun i project ang image natin? wala na pinagkaiba mga bagong cadets sa mga civilians...rather pwde ko na nga sila itabi sa mga goons ni 50 cent o ni SNOOP DOG! What have they learned inside the acedemy? ganun na ba ka lax talga ngaun? san na yung VIRTUS FIDES DISCIPLINA natin?

then sa Discipline naman, since the previous years that we had these same event nobody among the seniors had the thought nor initiative from the juniors to verify who their upperclassmen were among the crowd. I was there for 3 hours and nobody even tried to ask who were the upperclassmen that were present that time... Hindi ito about being recognized ang pinopoint out ko but dito e dito mo lang makikita how LOUSY the cadets we have presently... We cant blame the juniors totally for that coz kung sino ang puno ay sya magiging bunga. I wasn't able to hold my temper that i instructed that all first classmen and newly graduates to report to me... Nobody had the initiative to see sino among sa mga crowd ang me BULLRING, me BEARING, sa names ng LIST of Guest, to verify within the academy sino ba mga list of Alumni's ng Gensan... The point is grabe di na yta ginagamit ang COMMON SENSE...PURO I.Q nalang ba hanggang Libro nalang ba?

Ang panawagan ko nalang sa lahat ng Alumni's who would be able to read this post e LETS TRY TO MAKE EVEN SMALL CHANGES FOR OUR ALMA MATER... THIER STAINS SHALL BE OURS AS WELL & VICE VERSA... I AGREE WHAT THE FIRST POST HAD MENTIONED, WE SHALL ACCEPT CHANGES YET LETS TRY TO DIRECT THE CHANGE FOR THE GREATER GOOD... if i could suggest something..sna me power parin ang alumni's magerport ng DEMERITS sa mga cadets para Bantay sarado sila na kahit sa labas e me matang nagbabantay sa kanila.... or me mga certain na DEMERITS na pwede gamitin parin ng ALUMNI"s like IMPROPER BEARING,,, MISCONDUCT...NEGLECT TO GREET A SENIOR or ALUMNI etc etc etc... thanks for reading and Godbless to all.
ACEmanok04_gonzales
ACEmanok04_gonzales
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 9
Merit Points :
TO MY DISMAY Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100TO MY DISMAY Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-08

Back to top Go down

TO MY DISMAY Empty Re: TO MY DISMAY

Post  bernales_05 Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:19 pm

sir i agree with you..as i have experienced personally together with sir galang 2004..magkasbay kami ni sir galang pauwi ng bataan then nung nkita ko sya s pila,lumapit agad ako coz kilala ko naman sya at the same time respect n din..but the story goes like this,aside from the two of us meron pang nga cadet n nakapila din..they we're 3rd class that time and member of class 2009 nine..sir galang asked me kung kilala daw b kmi ng mga kadete n yun kc nga hindi man lang cla lumapit samin..s sobrang hiya ko kay sir galang ako n mismo yung lumapit sa mga "cadet na involved"..they were so very lax n while wearing their liberty black with fleet jacket and yet they can still managed to stand in one leg..
in view to this i also want to call on every alumni to act as soon as possible pra nman m-save ntin yung yung discipline and yung alma ntin..
yun lang po..
bernales_05
bernales_05
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 5
Merit Points :
TO MY DISMAY Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100TO MY DISMAY Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  randyescano04 Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:01 am

madali lng yang problema mo manok.. ano gusto mo gawin ntin?
randyescano04
randyescano04
Compliant
Compliant

Number of posts : 36
Merit Points :
TO MY DISMAY Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100TO MY DISMAY Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

TO MY DISMAY Empty lets find the cause

Post  RICortez07 Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:44 pm

I believe that those midshipmen were just doing what standards were set to them. As we the Alumni can observe there the midshipmen now are very different from what we were, I believe it’s safe to say that we had better traditions and standards before than today, dati kahit saan tayo we see to it that we recognized our seniors, even to the point that we stop what were are doing just to say hi or hello or just plain Sir!. Also we have this sense of respect for all seniors that we apply the most basic of what we were thought “assume that everyone is a senior” or nung sa academy pa “Salute everyone”. Kasi in my experience there was a time na may lumapit sa akin na junior na muntik ko na na “SIR!” kung di lang ako na unahan ng bati. Pero there was also a time sa opisina na di man lang bumati yung isang kadete kahit naka Bullring na ako. Also yung mga tradition and yun pagsusuot and pagdadala ng uniform malayo na sa dati. Well makikita natin na nagbago na yung standard set upon these Midshipmen now. Sa tingin ko we can’t blame the senior batches nor ourselves for their actuations, kasi na observed namin when we were 1st Class the DMA is moving toward removing authority from the seniors. For example before our seniors are allowed to do what they see fit to the juniors, to instill discipline to them, but that privilege and tradition was remove from us, for example the head up were removed, then the next batch the compliance, then the next was the authority to give DR. So the next senior batch got less and less authority over their junior that is why the traditions and desipline were not handed down. Isispin nyo nalang na nung batch 2008 and 2009 na andun pa si Lt. Dela Cruz, the senior batch can’t even give DR, kasi there were cases na yung nagbigay pa ng DR and nag ka award. What I’m saying is pano mo maturuan yung isang Midshipman, kung kaw mismo di mo ma correct yung maling ginagawa nya. Yes we can corrects them as we meet them such as yung ginawa ni Mam Rein sa Maersk (naka sukbit yung mga liberty bag nang mga midshipmen na naka uniform) or yung ginawa ni Sir Gonzales (pinatawag lahat ng seniors and juniors sa party kasi walang courtesy sa mga alumni) pero all that will just be temporary unless we can correct the cause of the problem wala paring magbabago. Maganda siguro kung these observations we had, will be discuss with the DMA by the Alumni representatives. Kasi if no effective changes, that will be impose baka next year sa Party or sa Daan habang naglalakad tayo (alumni) bangain nalang tayo ng mga yan (midshipmen) at pagtawana.
RICortez07
RICortez07
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 12
Merit Points :

Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  randyescano04 Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:03 am

wel, thats d point of everyting...kung ganyan nga ang nangyari ang effect wel expected. Pero hoping n d mangyari ung mga ganung bgay. As a graduate im concern wid those tings and i know ol of as..sana ung mga alumni n nsa maap mag initiate ng plan or action pra maiparating sa nakakataas ang situation ng mga newly grad sa maap.
randyescano04
randyescano04
Compliant
Compliant

Number of posts : 36
Merit Points :
TO MY DISMAY Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100TO MY DISMAY Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

TO MY DISMAY Empty THANKS sa mga nagcomment

Post  ACEmanok04_gonzales Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:42 am

For all Alumni's who viewed, read & commented on my topic THANK YOU...
means so much para me mga alumni's such as you guys who give even a little of your time to give your views & opinions on this, Its in this little things that somehow we could help make some changes kahit pa konti man lang...atleast what 's most important e nagkarun tayo ng chance to discuss this at hope that soon other alumni may be able to read our post maybe just maybe they could have a better opinion, comment, suggestion or even better ACTION on this matter...once again i THANK YOU BOK's, DRE's & DUX's..GODBLESS u ALL!!
ACEmanok04_gonzales
ACEmanok04_gonzales
Noob
Noob

Merit Points :

Back to top Go down

TO MY DISMAY Empty Source of Deterioration

Post  04 Miko Legaspi Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:22 pm

IMO
Compounded ang dahilan ng deterioration.
it goes like this:

Shipping Companies: Wala kaming pakialam sa system nyo or how you will train the cadets, basta after graduation, dapat, 20 ang sa akin jan.
DMA: Kailangang ma-reduce natin ang cases ng nag-re-resign at natatanggal. Wag pahawakan sa 1CL ang mga 4CL.
1CL: Hindi na namin pinakikialaman ang mga 4CL sir, kami kasi ang niyayari ng DMA.
Shipping Companies: Bakit ganito ang pino-produce nyo ngaun, walang quality at disiplina?

hayz.
the balance between Quality and Quantity is taking its toll in MAAP. And i think MAAP has difficulty in choosing a side.

Dati, nung bago pa ang MAAP, VADM can proudly say, "I don't care if only 80 or 8 among you will graduate, as long as those are the best". Hindi kasi sikat ang MAAP non. makikita nyo naman na ung pioneering batches, nahirapan pang makakuha ng sponsor. The 80 that will graduate are not even guaranteed to be hired at that time.

Pero ngaun, marami ng company ang kumukuha sa maap. because the pioneering batches proved themselves. with the high demand however, it resulted in politics, palakasan, corruption at kung ano-ano pa.

I believe that MAAP should enforce it's previous rules. Pag nagresign ang bata, let him. Pag pasaway sya, kick him out. I don't agree to lower the quality of training basta lang umabot sa quota ng mga Shipping Companies.
04 Miko Legaspi
04 Miko Legaspi
Supporter
Supporter

Number of posts : 103
Merit Points :
TO MY DISMAY Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100TO MY DISMAY Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-14

http://www.mikolegaspi.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post  michaeljohnesplago08 Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:13 pm

just to make the argument po...

How do we measure the quality of MAAP graduates?
michaeljohnesplago08
michaeljohnesplago08
Supporter
Supporter

Number of posts : 192
Merit Points :
TO MY DISMAY Left_bar_bleue22 / 10022 / 100TO MY DISMAY Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  ACEmanok04_gonzales Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:04 am

QUESTION by michaeljohnesplago08 "HOW DO WE MEASURE THE QUALITY OF GRADUATES?".....

ANSWER: simply my good man...by the output that each alumni has presented not only to the industry but to the society as well. i rest my case.
ACEmanok04_gonzales
ACEmanok04_gonzales
Noob
Noob

Merit Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  anto07 Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:47 am

mga sir at ma'am, at mga dux,good day..
mag-comment lang ako regarding sa actuations of some of us alumni and some of the midshipmen now...
base on experience and observation, at feed backs na rin from others, kapuna-puna nga talaga yong ilan satin ngayon...masakit sa tenga yong marinig mo from others how lousy or how very lax yong ilan satin...pero kung i-analyze natin mabuti and try to look back on our psycology class, then we'll understand better...
in short and simple language, walang perfect satin. part of that is we ourselves, in some way, failed in inculcating to the minds of our juniors the very essence of being a maap alumni/ cadet..di kasi sapat yong caution, dapat mi good example at dapat di lang sa loob ng academy, hanggang sa labas din...
the youth of today where our new midshipmen belongs are more radical. they always want to prove something, just like some of us before..but soon, matututo din ang mga yan..
i've been in a fully regimented institution before, and i've always asked my self why some of the alumnis are so lousy when they dress as civies..lately i realized that there are two things why they do that: 1) to blend in; 2) it's human nature, free-will...
mga dux, di ko kinukonsente ang mga lousy o very lax satin...siguro dapat muna natin tanungin san tayo nagkulang, then tanungin din natin sarili natin bakit sila ganun? dahil there are some people na kahit anong gawin mo eh mahirp na talaga baguhin ang nakasanayan na kasi ganun sila pinalaki...
mga seniors, masakit man sa mata at sa tenga, pero this is not a perfect world..maging good example na lang tayo sa kanila and prove to others na masmarami pa rin ang snappy kesa sa mga lousy...
ingat sa lahat
anto07
anto07
Noob
Noob

Merit Points :

Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

TO MY DISMAY Empty WELL SAID.

Post  ACEmanok04_gonzales Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:19 pm

@ANTO'07 - Well Said Dre, You are right siguro nga talaga all we could do for now is just to set a good example nalang to our juniors coz eventhough how much we hope to change the New MAAP system to the good old days which we seem to find as more fitting, e nasa every individual parin talaga ang decision if he wishes to be recognized as either a Lousy cadet or as a dignified one...yun nga talaga things change nothing stays the same kaya lets hope nalang na the tides would turn to our favor and hope things would work out in the end. its not the new cadets inside who are to blame nor the alumni's...its just the way things are...just like History...everything is just a cycle...even ROME had its good old days and it had its downfall and who knows when it would rise again...ganun lang din siguro situation ng MAAP ngaun everything was affected because of the present situation in the shipping industry. so let's hope things change soon... thanks sa lhat & Godbless u all...LET'S MAKE GOD, FAMILY & MAAP PROUD OF US..
ACEmanok04_gonzales
ACEmanok04_gonzales
Noob
Noob

Merit Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  anto07 Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:30 am

Sir, TYVM sa compliment...isa lang masasabi ko...i have good mentors...sa inyo lahat, TYVM....
anto07
anto07
Noob
Noob

Merit Points :

Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content