Alumni Society of MAAP, Inc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» D7000 with Battery grip and NissinDi866 flashgun
cause of problem and trouble shooting EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 5:08 pm by mikeisla08

» Seeking advice from Experinced Seniors, Sir/Mam
cause of problem and trouble shooting EmptyMon May 30, 2011 4:42 am by quebrar_09

» Chief mate container vessel
cause of problem and trouble shooting EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:11 am by Jasmin C Labarda 2003

» Alumni Society Restructuring and Elections 2011
cause of problem and trouble shooting EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:33 pm by Jasmin C Labarda 2003

» Initial Message as Interim President
cause of problem and trouble shooting EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:31 pm by tolentino_05

» MAAP going 3-1
cause of problem and trouble shooting EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:00 pm by Admin

» Stepping Down as Alumni President
cause of problem and trouble shooting EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:45 pm by Admin

» 2011 MAAP Mind Strugglers!
cause of problem and trouble shooting EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:37 am by Admin

» ALUMNI WEBSITE
cause of problem and trouble shooting EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 10:53 am by Admin

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

cause of problem and trouble shooting

+7
quiapo07-sangalang08
dextenorio04
Cj BuGaYoNg 2005
daNiel ma' RopET's '03
IE_tayko08
michaeljohnesplago08
sayaman08
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

cause of problem and trouble shooting Empty cause of problem and trouble shooting

Post  sayaman08 Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:13 am

good day sir,maam and dux

i would like to ask for your full cooperation from this topic cause i think it may help us someday if we met a particular scenario onboard..

we all know the best thing to do is to consult the manual but i think expirience would be the best teacher..

if its possible could you give us some insights on the proper procedure and techniques on a how to trouble shoot a particular scenario and what could be the other procedure we may take

your participation could be our stepping stone toward success,

no other institution could lead us to glory aside from ourselves,.

i do believe that with regards to Maritime excellence and competence only two maritime institution exist

MAAP and the Rest
sayaman08
sayaman08
Compliant
Compliant

Number of posts : 60
Merit Points :
cause of problem and trouble shooting Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100cause of problem and trouble shooting Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

cause of problem and trouble shooting Empty ...

Post  michaeljohnesplago08 Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:10 pm

Wag masyado mayabang, watch your words, pagnarinig ka nyan baka yan ang una mong bulilyaso... theres no doubt that we have been blessed with the priviledge of studying in world-class maritime institution but it does not slash out other institution's role in the industry. What i suggest is for you to consider the industry as a whole. When we were at the company level, we were divided into platoons and squads but rise as one on company competitions. When we are at the squadron level, we are divided into companies but worked closely as a squadron and so we did as in the fleet level. When we graduated and became an alumni we break classes and put our axes together as one and when we work onboard we should realize the same by setting aside which school we came from.

Some of us have negative views on the "protectionist" attitude of some crewing managers who came from a "earlier-established institution", they unfortunately considered us as a threat, unknowingly realizing the expansion of the industry and that competition thus improve the quality of maritime education. If we have this kind of thinking we are no different from the things we wanted to change when we were just starting. Ironic isn't it that when we are at the lowest level we simply criticize or simply ask why their actions are like that and unknowingly as we go up the ladder we simply adopt their ways and worst a complete replica of a system we once wanted to change. It is a challenge however to make the dreams and changes we wanted, but it will be not just a challenge but a responsibility placed upon our shoulders simply because you were given a priviledge to study in a better institution.

It must not go above our heads and simply realize the responsibilty behind all of it. If you are made to think of those changes then you must realize that you are somehow burdened to make those dreams into reality for the next generations. Try to get the bird's eye view. We will never succeed by putting others down. However chances may allow you but you will then be corrupted and for sure it will be a greater success and fulfillment if no one is left behind.

Be not like a tyrant. We go aboard as Filipinos and we must act like one. It would be great if we would be the catalyst of the change of the disease that had hamperred our development as a nation, "crab mentality". I know everyone hates it when we are deprived of our rights, priviledge or even the help that can be extended simply because those people try to implicate negative feedbacks for us and worst they are Filipinos.

No manual can ever replace or supercede the help of fellow seafarers onboard in the eventuality of an emergency scenario. Whatever the cause of the problem maybe, whether human error or act of God, there will be stronger chances of less time to seek manuals.

It will be a better place if we all put our axes together. Just imagine the environment that no captain or chief officer/engineer would ask where we graduated and in any event and situation they would extend their help. No matter how grave the situation is, however it may be assessed thats its an individual's fault, still they would give a lending hand.

Just imagine that.
michaeljohnesplago08
michaeljohnesplago08
Supporter
Supporter

Number of posts : 192
Merit Points :
cause of problem and trouble shooting Left_bar_bleue22 / 10022 / 100cause of problem and trouble shooting Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  IE_tayko08 Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:02 pm

We were trained inside the academy to perceive and comprehend the fact that we were among the chosen few who had greatly endured the extensive selection process and were given a great opportunity to matriculate in a world class institution. We already know that we are the best among the rest, which is in greater part, due to the impression that our academy and our predecessors have left in the maritime community, so there's no need to brag. Remember that loose lips sink ships. It only takes one dot to be stained and that said stain, as we are taught, is the one that is most likely to be always noticed. I agree with esplags that we were just blessed to be able to take part and graduate in a great institution called MAAP and that there are still things that we need to do to prove to them our worth. However, I completely disadgree with the statement that we should act like Filipinos on board because I don't see any positivity in that, rather we should act like mature and responsible individuals who aim in the betterment of the ship, the crew, and, most of all, the reputation of the Filipino seafarers in the maritime industry. Just always stick your feet on the ground and keep a low profile. It is better to be praised by others basing on your present performance rather by your educational or family background. And lastly, never hesitate to ask questions, not only when in doubt but also in ensuring that you have done the right thing. Always leave room for improvement and strive for excellence. Hope my words of wisdom helped dux as it guided and is still guiding me through the days. Destined for greatness... I am the next idol!
IE_tayko08
Supporter
Supporter

Number of posts : 55
Merit Points :
cause of problem and trouble shooting Left_bar_bleue13 / 10013 / 100cause of problem and trouble shooting Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

cause of problem and trouble shooting Empty Re: cause of problem and trouble shooting

Post  sayaman08 Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:07 pm

may kanya2 tayong opinyon,.thank you for your concern pero and agenda d2 is yung cause of trouble and troubleshooting...kyong dalwa kung my problema kayo sarilinin niyo nlang.,wag kayo mnita porke cnabi kong excellent ang MAAP ikaw Esplago db sbi mo mgkdkit kayo ni Admiral Santos?eh sa sarili niyang bibig naggaling yun line n yun.. wala kayong pake if sbihin kong mgaling ang product ng MAAP kesa ibang school dahil ganon din ang pananaw nila.,believe me classmate ko kayo pero kung magmalinis kau as if mga good samaritan kayo . hindi ko inaalis sa inyo mgcomment but tignan niyo muna yung agenda nilalayo niyo masyado,.may freedom of speech namn tau db?d aq ngyayabang im just trying to uplift the moral of MAAP graduates and im proud that i do belong to the so called Chosen Few..pano aq mbu2lilyaso?baka kayo ang mabulilyaso try to think of it im just being loyal to our almamatter kya nga inadopt ko yon sa company ngpakaloyal din aq d porke isakay aq ng OS aalis aq db?yun ang mas mtinding kyabangan yung wala pang nrarating ngmamalaki na.like wise mas mlaki ang impact non sa MAAP db?
sayaman08
sayaman08
Compliant
Compliant

Merit Points :
cause of problem and trouble shooting Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100cause of problem and trouble shooting Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  IE_tayko08 Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:09 pm

Hahaha oo nga naman esplags! Honestly kahit ako ramdam ko ung discrimination sa "others" and I like it. Its their fault kung bkt cla ganun. Pero for me para iwas lng sa gulo d ako nagyayabang sa salita...hehe kundi sa gawa. Simple pero rock! dba? Very Happy
IE_tayko08
Supporter
Supporter

Merit Points :
cause of problem and trouble shooting Left_bar_bleue13 / 10013 / 100cause of problem and trouble shooting Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

cause of problem and trouble shooting Empty Re: cause of problem and trouble shooting

Post  michaeljohnesplago08 Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:51 am

Let these people answer you...

sayaman08 wrote:eh sa sarili niyang bibig naggaling yun line n yun.. wala kayong pake if sbihin kong mgaling ang product ng MAAP kesa ibang school dahil ganon din ang pananaw nila.,

reserve the right of being MIGHTY for those who have been, for as always those fools who try using the words of the mighty would fall for they will forget as fast as the wind that responsiblity shall come before might...

-Abraham Lincoln

sayaman08 wrote:may freedom of speech namn tau db?

When men are brought face to face with their opponents, forced to listen and learn and mend their ideas, they cease to be children and savages and begin to live like civilized men. Then only is freedom a reality, when men may voice their opinions because they must examine their opinions.

-Walter Lippmann (1889 - 1974)

sayaman08 wrote:d aq ngyayabang im just trying to uplift the moral of MAAP graduates and im proud that i do belong to the so called Chosen Few..

We rise in glory as we sink in pride.
-Young

Pride is the common forerunner of a fall. It was the devil's sin, and the devil's ruin; and has been, ever since, the devil's stratagem, who, like as expert wrestler, usually gives a man a lift before he gives a throw.
-South

To be proud of learning is the greatest ignorance.
-Bishop Taylor

sayaman08 wrote:pano aq mbu2lilyaso?baka kayo ang mabulilyaso try to think of it im just being loyal to our almamatter kya nga inadopt ko yon sa company ngpakaloyal din aq d porke isakay aq ng OS aalis aq db?

In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it.
-Robert Heinlein (1907 - 1988)

The solution is to gradually become free of societal rewards and learn how to substitute for them rewards that are under one's own powers. This is not to say that we should abandon every goal endorsed by society; rather, it means that, in addition to or instead of the goals others use to bribe us with, we develop a set of our own.
-Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience, 1990

sayaman08 wrote:yun ang mas mtinding kyabangan yung wala pang nrarating ngmamalaki na.like wise mas mlaki ang impact non sa MAAP db?

There is such a thing as a man being too proud to fight; there is such a thing as a nation being so right that it does not need to convince others by force that it is right.
-Woodrow Wilson (1856 - 1924), Speech in Philadelphia, May 10, 1915
michaeljohnesplago08
michaeljohnesplago08
Supporter
Supporter

Merit Points :
cause of problem and trouble shooting Left_bar_bleue22 / 10022 / 100cause of problem and trouble shooting Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  daNiel ma' RopET's '03 Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:20 am

Question Exclamation Arrow affraid
daNiel ma' RopET's '03
daNiel ma' RopET's '03
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 692
Merit Points :
cause of problem and trouble shooting Left_bar_bleue45 / 10045 / 100cause of problem and trouble shooting Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

cause of problem and trouble shooting Empty what the ?????

Post  Cj BuGaYoNg 2005 Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:49 pm

hala ayan n.
easy lng mga dux! Very Happy Sleep
Cj BuGaYoNg 2005
Cj BuGaYoNg 2005
Compliant
Compliant

Number of posts : 300
Merit Points :
cause of problem and trouble shooting Left_bar_bleue17 / 10017 / 100cause of problem and trouble shooting Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-24

http://profiles.friendster.com/seajhay

Back to top Go down

Post  daNiel ma' RopET's '03 Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:53 pm

hahaha maiinit pala itong mga '08...

sabagay nung bagong pasa din ako ganyan din ako kainit at kayabang pero nung pag dating ko sa barko iba na ang nangyari kasi dahil 1st time lang sa barko at sa pag akto nakikisama ako sa mga eng'r at lalo na sa mga motorman... e yung mga motorman galing yun sa mga others na tinutukoy nyo, pero dahil sa mga others naging maayos ang trabaho ko dahil sa magandang pakikisama. mga others din kasi ang tutulong sa'yo... kaya dapat ang labanan dito is between filipino and other nationality... who's d' best seafarer...

about naman sa agenda na tinutukoy mo kaya lang naman nabago e dahil naglagay ka pa ng MAAP and others... naiintindihan kita dahil ganyan din ako dati pero sabi ko nga nag iba na ang pananaw ko. mararamdaman mo ang discrimination pag pinakita mong ganun ka (mayabang) pero pag pinakita mong down to earth ka as in pang masa ka im sure di mo mararamdaman yung discrimination...

pakikisama ang importante sa barko... pag maayos ka maayos din sila...

ok back to agenda...
daNiel ma' RopET's '03
daNiel ma' RopET's '03
Noob
Noob

Merit Points :
cause of problem and trouble shooting Left_bar_bleue45 / 10045 / 100cause of problem and trouble shooting Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

cause of problem and trouble shooting Empty you still dont have an idea....

Post  dextenorio04 Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:18 pm

hahahaha,maiinit pala tong mga 08 talaga,sabi nga ni sir,ganyan talaga kapag bago palang pero lets see after maka 1 or 2 years na kau sa barko,hehehe,easy lang,sa pag seseaman,kapag bago kau sabi nga ni forrest gump,"life is like a box of chocolate,you'll never know what your gonna get"...hehehe tama ba?...anyways,nung rating palang ako,naexperience ko na ata lahat ng pangmamaliit,panghahamak sakin,dahil lang sa maap ako graduate,andguess most of them eh taga "doon"....you cannot explain bakit ganoon ang way of thinking nila,i mean ng iba sa kanila,..ntuto ako sa mahirap na paraan na hindi gustong danasin ng ibang mga dux,......pakikisama lang talaga ang key,and malay mo magsama kaung dalawa sa barko???anung gagawin nyo,magpupunahan pa din ba kau?magsisiraan,or magusap nalang ng maayos at pakisamahan ang bawat isa dahil kau din magtutulungan,kapag nakasakay kau ng barkong sinasabi ko,kaung magkaklase lang ang magdadamayan,or yung pakikisama mo ang makakaagapay mo,,sana may napulot kau.....cheers....wahahahahahaha
dextenorio04
dextenorio04
Compliant
Compliant

Number of posts : 42
Merit Points :
cause of problem and trouble shooting Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100cause of problem and trouble shooting Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

cause of problem and trouble shooting Empty Touche

Post  michaeljohnesplago08 Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:31 pm

correct sir and ang basic point of view ko po kasi is bakit kailangan isa o dalawa lang ang kailangan mag succeed eh in the end mas maganda na everybody is fair and equal as everybody was given the chance. Not others knowing it, when those people whom they think are lesser than them fails diba sa stronger din hihingi ng tulong and in the end if you fail and nobody's stronger to pick you up eh di sayang din lang yung pinaghirapan nyo and worst you'll end up na mas looser pa. kaya Tama po yun mga sirs na its time we start eradicating that mentality though I know that ang point lang is to raise the moral of the academy eh i think mas maganda na ang magtaas ng moral natin ay praises ng ibang tao kaysa tayo yung nagdadala nun. If we come to that point dahil pinaghirapan natin I believe hindi na natin kailangang ipraise yung sarili natin kasi meron ng gumagawa nun satin. It will be hard because i see it as one of the half-baked values taught on us. Though we have begun the first part of the solution, RECOGNITION.

Someday, I want to see the fruits of the academy sowing seeds of unity and cooperation. Our country has long been supplying the global demand for seafarers and still we lag in the officers number. They maybe a lot of reasons behind and the obvious problem needs an obvious solution, cooperation. We cannot win by taking it all, we simply have to share the burden and I know we will be there before we know it.
michaeljohnesplago08
michaeljohnesplago08
Supporter
Supporter

Merit Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  daNiel ma' RopET's '03 Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:40 pm

anu ba yan english... nahihirapan ako umintindi pero muka naman magandang pakingan...

sensya na mahina talaga ako sa english ehhh...

malulufet talaga mga '08 go ahead and show your GUTS...
daNiel ma' RopET's '03
daNiel ma' RopET's '03
Noob
Noob

Merit Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  IE_tayko08 Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:05 pm

Hehe esplags easy lang. Well kidding aside, being a maap cadet definitely have its perks and privileges but it also have its disadvantages that goes along with the pressure of living up to the name. On board when I was still a cadet, I never thought that the persons that I will be able to get along with are those who came from PMMA and those that I would dislike the most are from those other schools who have gripes against AMOSUP because of its system and they're letting it all out on me but I was able to win them over. What i am just saying is that pakikisama and competency are 2 of the most important character traits that we should always possess along with common sense to be able to endure or avoid any bulilyaso on board. Honestly, eventhough it is your fault, if you are closely tied with the right person it becomes the fault of others. It happend onboard my vessel and is happening also on land. This is just my opinion from my observation. Hope that I have helped. Very Happy
IE_tayko08
Supporter
Supporter

Merit Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  daNiel ma' RopET's '03 Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:52 am

TUMPAK ka diyan brow... well said...
daNiel ma' RopET's '03
daNiel ma' RopET's '03
Noob
Noob

Merit Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  IE_tayko08 Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:22 am

alien cheers
IE_tayko08
Supporter
Supporter

Merit Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  daNiel ma' RopET's '03 Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:29 am

cyclops pig geek scratch
daNiel ma' RopET's '03
daNiel ma' RopET's '03
Noob
Noob

Merit Points :

Back to top Go down

cause of problem and trouble shooting Empty Im sorry for bad comments

Post  sayaman08 Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:08 pm

esplags,sir,dux

good day

in my humble opinion it is our duty to give pride to our Alma mater,.Esplags you've been our voice inside the academy with regards to our queries,problems and suggestion for the improvements and were thankful for having you who have the guts to speak out. Lets us set aside our bitterness that we have experienced from the past,.do you know what makes me feel proud to be part of the alumni?.its not the prestige nor the honor i received upon graduating from MAAP,.instead the challenges from my superior aboard the ship and our co-seafarer becasue they expect a lot from us,.

let me share my experience to you while filling my COC in PRC,.i am waiting my name to be called while sitting on a bench suddenly a seafarer beside me open up a topic to his companion at first they were talking about the best institution,i didn't listen to them until i heard the word MAAP then next to that is a profane language(i.e P.I n mga tga MAAP yan akala mo kung sino eh sa review center special treatment sa lahat ng bagay special treatment parepareho lang nman na maritime school,P.I talga yang mga yan). i became interested to their topic even though it seems that im about to sink because of their hot opinions and their unprofessional comments pati yung iba nkikisali n sa dalwa.(grrrr)sobra na 2....then i stood up and spoke to them in polite way and i told them.."sir di po nmin pinili n mging tga MAAP kmi and mbgyan ng special treatment nirerespeto po namin yung pinanggalingan niyong school sna irespeto niyo rin po yung school nmin.Pareho po tayong seaman sna iwasan ntin yung craan wla nman po kasing mgandang mggwang yan and yung sinasabi niyong kayo ngpaaral smin ngpapasalamat po kami ng marami kasi tinulungan niyo kami.then i left to pop some smoke super inis ako and at the back of my mind naisip ko yung actuation nila was a pure jealousy. then don na nabuo yung COMPETITION s pananaw ko. you cannot blame me to be bitter at that time kasi parang pinagtulungan aq(matatanda n yung mga yun).its hard to accept that theyve helped us then after helping they will drag us down. hindi ko po sinsabi to in general but most of them ganon ang pananaw...

Im sorry Esplags if it sounds like im questioning your integrity.let us work hand in hand in order to be succesful someday. mga sir sorry din po.,di ko lang po gusto yung sinabing ngyayabang aq salamat po sa mga advice,.

balik n po tayo sa Topic mga sir,maam and dux
sayaman08
sayaman08
Compliant
Compliant

Merit Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  quiapo07-sangalang08 Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:00 pm

confused study cheers
quiapo07-sangalang08
quiapo07-sangalang08
Supporter
Supporter

Number of posts : 84
Merit Points :
cause of problem and trouble shooting Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100cause of problem and trouble shooting Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://profiles.friendster.com/user.php

Back to top Go down

Post  apachecha03 Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:20 pm

Ok ung experience mo sayaman...

eh kung baliktarin naman natin ang mga narinig mo sa mga seaman na un.. as in puro praise and glory ang mga pinagssabi what do you feel kaya?

just simple.. what you hear doesnt mean all of them ay ganun.. since sinabi mo nga na matatanda na sila,, why bother to talk to them..kung sinabi mo sa kanila na ganun tapos nung umalis ka to pop some skag eh narinig mo pa kaya ang pinagssabi nila after you leave? parang mas lalo lng lumala ung issue di ba?

silence is sometimes the best answer..

I experience both of it.. and i just shut my mouth..

"hayaan mo ang lahi nila magkagatan... meron din mas malakas na kakain sa kanila"

just learn how to dance......
apachecha03
apachecha03
Supporter
Supporter

Number of posts : 134
Merit Points :
cause of problem and trouble shooting Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100cause of problem and trouble shooting Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  daNiel ma' RopET's '03 Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:45 pm

tama ka jan pach, silence lang pag sa tingin mong mainit sila or kahit panay papuri sila.

di rin naten masisi si '08 kasi nga fresh from d' academy pa ehhh...

pero diko sinasabi na mali ang ginagawa ni '08 kaya lang baka kasi kung saan mapunta ang mga ganyang topic sa barko at sa ibang tao...

tama na yung simple, silence pero rock.

pero ok yung topic mo ha dami nag react... effective... ayos yan...
daNiel ma' RopET's '03
daNiel ma' RopET's '03
Noob
Noob

Merit Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  IE_tayko08 Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:38 pm

Tama po sir! We can't please everybody...whether we do the right thing or not there will still be persons who will not like us. But you can't put a good person down nga di ba? Eventhough we have a lot of detractors because of their prejudiced minds, we can still rise on top of them if we prove them wrong by our acts, wit, and modesty. Well, and if they chose to still be our antagonist, it is up to them. But let them be warned, we maap graduates can put up a really "good fight" and it will require them a lot of effort to break us down! Go dux! cheers
IE_tayko08
Supporter
Supporter

Merit Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  michaeljohnesplago08 Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:28 pm

Bok Tayko and Sayaman I am sorry to address this message to you but this I have realized and best to take the bitter pill once and for all. It will always be wrong to put someone down just to reach your goal. Ask people who have been there and I bet if they did it that way then they will come to a realization that at somepoint they were wrong.

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" is that what you suggest? cause it will never work. again it will never work, It have been wrong for me to critic your article and I thought you would take it constructively. It was addressed for all of us reminding of the responsibility instead of thinking the prestige. I would like to state that it may not be your choice to gain that kind of priviledges right? But let me ask you did you love the system? perhaps because you benefit from it. But think about those who see the differences and saw it as injustice instead of rewards because you have studied well in the academy. Not all people are open-minded. There have been alot of superhero movies with villains trying to destroy and create chaos by using the inequality of the society. By using the gripes and the injustices. Look at the streets everytime there are rallies, see that they all have grudges in the government? we complain simply because we are deprived of something we think we can and doesnt mean we necessarily deserve. and for us who are priviledge are we ought to use the might that we have been blessed to suppress them more? are we going to use our knowledge and priviledges to instill in their minds that we can pick a good fight? if it is shame... but I know you well that your just hurt from that experience. Let it not corrupt your dreams. Let it not kill the changes you once wanted for the industry cause if you will do it. Who else will? others? and do you think they can? I publicly commented on your note because it might be simple in thought but it can be very dangerous for it corrupts not only you but to others that you might share the idea and your interpretation in that matter. I will always accept all critic and my fault in all aspects but it will never stop me from being a better person. To tell you critics and mistakes makes us feel human because it is when we realize that we need some help. Be like a kid who hopes and Be like a wise man who understands. If they will not understand you, understand them. Somehow in the future you will complain and try to reflect the reason why? It is because you are deprived. might be your priviledges and worst your rights. Now you want to be the suppresssor because you want to avenge the injustice you heard which was never really addressed to you but to the system that even they themselves could have been part of the solution. That is why I am trying and now insisting that we start dealing fellow seafarers as is. Not only when they are not around but as always as a colleague, as a Filipino. Give the next generation the benefit of praising you because their fathers told them that you once treated them as an equal even though you were far more superior... or live the life of being criticized because you never did your part? choose your destiny...

This is not the time to pinpoint the culprit but a collective effort to solve the problems...

Wise men never learn from their experiences for they never experienced it, they listened from people who have been there and thought a better way out. I hate to comment on what you did but it was never really against the academy what those old men were talking to. They were referring to the system that exist and you know what it will still exist in the future. For me when I applied to this company I thought I would be hecked upon because those people who would interview me would be from the "earlier-established" maritime school. I feared because they will know I was from a so-called competitor school and you know what it changed my views. I realized that they were simple, worthy of praise, because they have not look upon the differences we had but on our common things. That I would be boarding vessels same as his and experience the life at sea. That made me feel better and more inspired to realize that not all people from that "earlier-established" institution have the same mentality. And it made me remember your comments. He never thought he was better than anybody of us, but thought that he would make a difference sharing his views and experiences positive and negative but he never seceeded to the course of being corrupted by his negative experiences. Even though I never knew his life or his priviledges or anything that will best me out, I salute him for treating me well and everybody else who applies for that position. Somehow he made a difference and I know those are the kind of people we should be looking up to, not just those from our school but because theres a common ground and thats because he also felt bad before.

I will not speak for the society but we never do that. We never belittle and I would like to express in the strongest possible terms that it was never correct to treat other people far lesser than you are. Remember those who gave you those priviledges would ask someday what you made out of it and you know what at this very moment HE can strip it out at a very instant. Think about it men your meant to be responsible!

Again, these are just my views and will always be open for critic. To all, God bless...

Last edited by michaeljohnesplago08 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
michaeljohnesplago08
michaeljohnesplago08
Supporter
Supporter

Merit Points :

Back to top Go down

cause of problem and trouble shooting Empty Whaat?Ü

Post  IE_tayko08 Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:48 pm

I read and understand you esplags so don't start with me. Notice I placed "" quotation marks on the word good fight. You may have just misunderstood what I am trying to present. To clarify things up, I am pertaining to the fact that we were scholars and within us the academy instilled the attitude of not giving up. We are expected to face the challenges brought upon us by anyone maturely and intellectually. I am not pertaining to brute force but rather through our work and character so that somehow, by the grace of God, we may win them over or at least they can't find any flaws to use against us. Got it? Good. Very Happy king
IE_tayko08
Supporter
Supporter

Merit Points :

Back to top Go down

cause of problem and trouble shooting Empty asta touche...

Post  michaeljohnesplago08 Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:51 pm

Touche comrades...
michaeljohnesplago08
michaeljohnesplago08
Supporter
Supporter

Merit Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  michaeljohnesplago08 Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:54 pm

And so the day ends, face the challenges and help one another... There will be a better future and it will only happen through a collective effort... I rest my case to the wise men...

-Admiral Fitzwallace
michaeljohnesplago08
michaeljohnesplago08
Supporter
Supporter

Merit Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum