Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:53 am by Admin

December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

DMA, its task/encouragement to the mdn fleet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DMA, its task/encouragement to the mdn fleet

Post  michaeljohnesplago08 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:51 pm

This is in connection with the topic MAAP:world class academy or just another maritime school in response to the request of Mam Reniedo-Kutukovs...

For me the primary duties and responsibilities of the Department of Midshipman Affairs is that it would act as an oversight on the performance of the cadet in the academics and determine the detrimental cause for it to be resolved... It must instill thorough training to the midshipman to prepare him about the reality up to him ahead... As much as possible the department must be sensitive about the changes undergoing in the maritime industry and finally it must act as a parent figure that wields the character of an individual in becoming a true maritime officer...

michaeljohnesplago08
Supporter
Supporter

Number of posts : 192
Merit Points :
22 / 10022 / 100

Registration date : 2009-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DMA, its task/encouragement to the mdn fleet

Post  Edel Reniedo-Kutukovs 06 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:40 pm

very well said mike..

but in reality.. is there anyway that the society will be able to know what's the underlying statements coming from the DMA? is there anyway for us to make sure that the DMA is teaching the fleet not just according to the military way but of modern seafarers way?

same time.. do we have any means of communicating to the DMA what's the reality in the maritime industry?

im just wondering.. Question

Эдельвина
<(((><

I like to write about women who are talented and capable, but most important, retain their femininity. Women have tremendous power – their femininity, because men can't do without it, -- Sydney Sheldon

Edel Reniedo-Kutukovs 06
Supporter
Supporter

Number of posts : 198
Location : Novalichez, Quezon City / Maersk-Filipinas Crewing, Inc.
Merit Points :
15 / 10015 / 100

Registration date : 2008-10-14

View user profile http://edeljvine.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post  michaeljohnesplago08 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:46 pm

hmmm right mam.... i think once we have gathered all the ideas regarding the thing that must be kept and changed in the DMA i think the society must have a talk with the Director and his staff.

one member of the board could write a letter of inquiry to the current director

michaeljohnesplago08
Supporter
Supporter

Merit Points :
22 / 10022 / 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Edel Reniedo-Kutukovs 06 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:49 pm

michaeljohnesplago08 wrote:hmmm right mam.... i think once we have gathered all the ideas regarding the thing that must be kept and changed in the DMA i think the society must have a talk with the Director and his staff.

i strongly agree!! we have to let them hear the voice of the alumni society..

wla pang boses ang alumni sa DMA, sna mgawan ntn ng paraan agad.. bgo pa mhuli ang lht..

Эдельвина
<(((><

I like to write about women who are talented and capable, but most important, retain their femininity. Women have tremendous power – their femininity, because men can't do without it, -- Sydney Sheldon

Edel Reniedo-Kutukovs 06
Supporter
Supporter

Number of posts : 198
Location : Novalichez, Quezon City / Maersk-Filipinas Crewing, Inc.
Merit Points :
15 / 10015 / 100

Registration date : 2008-10-14

View user profile http://edeljvine.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rodriguez_03 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:23 am

Edel Reniedo-Kutukovs 06 wrote:
michaeljohnesplago08 wrote:hmmm right mam.... i think once we have gathered all the ideas regarding the thing that must be kept and changed in the DMA i think the society must have a talk with the Director and his staff.

wla pang boses ang alumni sa DMA, sna mgawan ntn ng paraan agad.. bgo pa mhuli ang lht..

weng, actually eh nung nagstart ang alumni, Admiral Santos had said something about the vacant seat of the EXECOM for the Alumni President. That is, siguro kapag nakita na niya na matured na talaga ang breed ng maap. as of now, hindi pa siguro nila maibigay coz it merely shows na puro gripes pa since fresh grad tayo and all we could observe is yung attitude ng underclass natin and we havn't reached the top management level wherein na exposed na tayo sa lahat nga aura in the maritime industry.

we all have to accept that changes should start within us, and start sharing the same ideas sa mga graduates and mga magsisispagtapos for them to know how to conduct themselves sa labas and to other people. mAhirap kasi yung hindi pa tayo tinutubuan ng bagwis eh masyado na mataas ang liparin natin. baka kung saan tayo dalhin. but nevertheless, marami talagang dapat i-consider na nawawala na nga sa alma mater natin. nagiging relax ang lower batches and even the rotting ones kaya magrelax (both in acads and conduct).

hopefully, we could end up to the point na pwede na natin i-handle ang key positions sa alma mater natin hindi lang sa support level but on the management and executive level. but of course, we have to prove it still sa forte ng profession natin...

rodriguez_03
Supporter
Supporter

Number of posts : 49
Merit Points :
10 / 10010 / 100

Registration date : 2009-03-03

View user profile http://chevyclubph.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  jpmau_03 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:15 am

rodriguez_03 wrote:
Edel Reniedo-Kutukovs 06 wrote:

weng, actually eh nung nagstart ang alumni, Admiral Santos had said something about the vacant seat of the EXECOM for the Alumni President. That is, siguro kapag nakita na niya na matured na talaga ang breed ng maap. as of now, hindi pa siguro nila maibigay coz it merely shows na puro gripes pa since fresh grad tayo and all we could observe is yung attitude ng underclass natin and we havn't reached the top management level wherein na exposed na tayo sa lahat nga aura in the maritime industry.

we all have to accept that changes should start within us, and start sharing the same ideas sa mga graduates and mga magsisispagtapos for them to know how to conduct themselves sa labas and to other people. mAhirap kasi yung hindi pa tayo tinutubuan ng bagwis eh masyado na mataas ang liparin natin. baka kung saan tayo dalhin. but nevertheless, marami talagang dapat i-consider na nawawala na nga sa alma mater natin. nagiging relax ang lower batches and even the rotting ones kaya magrelax (both in acads and conduct).

hopefully, we could end up to the point na pwede na natin i-handle ang key positions sa alma mater natin hindi lang sa support level but on the management and executive level. but of course, we have to prove it still sa forte ng profession natin...

yup! very well said and i agree to that.. i TRIED to teach for 1 sem as an engineering instructor and i know na engineers of 2008 knows me very well.. to tell you frankly, eventhough i want to have a voice in maap, per se, ay di ko nagawa nung nandun ako.. i am merely an employee that time and there was a moment in my life na sinabi ko sa sarili ko na pag bumalik ako dun ay ay mas magiging functional ako and will really make a difference, that's the time i quit teaching.. most of the oldies there really expects us, Alumni, to take the key positions in the future and some are threatened that it will surely happen but i just dont know why they feel like that..

kaya for those who wants to be involve in the battle inside maap, ask yourself first, can you really make a difference to others?

jpmau_03
Supporter
Supporter

Number of posts : 20
Merit Points :
9 / 1009 / 100

Registration date : 2008-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  be_tayko08 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:36 pm

To my fellow Dux,

I strongly agree that WE should have a voice to the DMA. What I know is happening as for experience, the DMA is is just acting as a police to the usage of cellphones,electronics and the likes.These are very minor compared to what is really diminishing as i am speaking,the midshipman's attitude. MORALS AND DECORUM.As to my dissapointment during my stay inside the academy is the lack of education towards these small little things,there are even those who doesnt even know how to fold their utensils after eating,these things just end up as a three line group of words in the publication of orders.The Department of Midshipman's Affair should ask these to themselves,are the cadets under their supervision ever graduate,could they look into the world with thier heads high because they have learned the basic requirements a person should know to belong to the society or be like pigs who cannot even look straight to another because they are like PIGS.

There is a saying, one voice is a whispher, three is a storm.

be_tayko08
Compliant
Compliant

Number of posts : 201
Merit Points :
10 / 10010 / 100

Registration date : 2009-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  michaeljohnesplago08 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:04 am

hold your horses dux! lets take this matter from an eagle's point of view! let us all admit that in one way or another one member of batches had committed a mortal sin in the code of ethics of being a midshipman whether onboard, at the academy or even ashore... this matters I believe are currently on loose... let us take this matter seriously but must be in mature manner... the fault of the cadet was that he wasn't given the proper breeding... I am not sure but this matter is somewhat psychological pero in midshipman's term kulang sa kupal... I admit having been kupalized brought something in me and it didn't killed me... What I am pointing out is that kupalization should and must be maintained because in the world of maritime industry lies the world's most dangerous animals! mga kupalz... so pagtrained ka na eh di so what na lang diba? take and take? I know we can all relate....

What I am offering to everyone and this we have to spread is that we take part actively in the activities of the society, right now we have to show our worth to handle such positions as of now let us see how they handle things and prepare for that time... and when that time comes we must ensure that we are more than prepared.... let us start the pin pointing cause they will all tell our shortcomings instead lets start the groundwork for our eventual return and when that day of alumni homecoming comes... It will surely be a homecoming!

michaeljohnesplago08
Supporter
Supporter

Merit Points :
22 / 10022 / 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:01 am

Sponsored content